Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wet Pants, Bloody Noses, and Supplements.

This was a good week for reminders of how important A's supplements are. During the hectic holiday season A's supplements are not always given. We try to keep up the routine, and God bless people who can do it 100%. I admire them. My wife and I stumble at times. Sometimes we run out, sometimes the kids are with their Grandparents and don't get the supplements, sometimes we are rushed and forget. The Omega 3's from the fish oil seems to help with his ability to know when he has to use the bathroom. I noticed a couple of times he had a small accident with wet pants, not a full jean wetting soak, but his underwear was damp. Maybe he doesn't realize he has to go until he feels it on the outside. I don't know why, but making sure he gets his Nordic Naturals will cure that problem. Nose bleeds mean he needs more zinc. When we were shoveling the other day he looked at me holding his shovel smiling, "I'm doing good shoveling. Right Dad?" I looked up to see his eyes shining bright, his toothless grin, and blood running out of his nose down the sides of his mouth. He had no idea. He does not seem to have much sensation under his nose and around his mouth. We've been through this before though. I checked with J later that night and turns out we ran out of his liquid zinc and the powdered form got missed a few times. At least we know what to do, even if we don't completely know why.

No comments: