Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Been A While

It's been a while since my first post. I started a real estate career at the same time I started blogging and realised I couldn't learn them both at the same time. My goal is to post 3x a week. My father-in-law was able to get us free tickets to the Barnum and Bailey Circus when it was at the United Center a couple of weeks ago. With my son's sensory issues I would not spend $240.00 on tickets to something like that, not knowing if I would be sitting in the $20.00 parking lot watching the wind blow the trees, waiting for my wife and daughter to finish enjoying the show. It was Awesome. I was never so proud and amazed to see the joy in A's face as the performer's swung, danced, and twirlled throughout the Big Top. The opening minutes of the circus included some indoor fireworks explosions that even six months ago would have sent A covering his ears and crying. My wife and I looked at each other after seeing him holding his ears and laughing. Three years ago we could not take him to Home Depot or Costco because the size of the building and the noise of the forklifts would create a panic attack and screaming fit. Now we were watching fireworks inside the United Center and people were all around us laughing, clapping, shouting and our son enjoyed it all. His favorite part was the dogs, one of the quietest acts. The dog that went down the slide backwards left the biggest impression on him. A is six and still does not use a slide very often. Only with a lot of patience, encouragement, and time. Time is the biggest hurdle. He may take an hour to warm up to the idea of attempting the slide. Then need another 30 minutes to actually use the slide. It is difficult to carve out that kind of time for the slide when he has so many other things to learn.

No comments: